Discover Greece: invest in an exciting innovation destination with a fast growing tech scene
After significant reforms, Greece’s economy is gaining traction with GDP YoY growth expected to reach 1.8%). The ICT industry is one of the fastest growing in the Greek economy; indicatively,
After significant reforms, Greece’s economy is gaining traction with GDP YoY growth expected to reach 1.8%). The ICT industry is one of the fastest growing in the Greek economy; indicatively, according to the European IT Observatory, the Greek IT Services sector (i.e. IT & business consulting, system integration, network consulting and integration services, custom application development, and business process outsourcing (BPO)). Such growth combined with access to multiple vertical markets were key factors for the decision of many US and international ICT companies to choose Greece as a hub for innovation and R&D operations in Southeast Europe.
In the age of digital transformation and constant markets’ disruption, Greece provides highly-skilled, talented, and innovative R&D at a competitive cost. Deloitte, NOKIA, Tesla, Siemens, Mercedes-Benz, OpenBet (UK) and many others have shown their trust in Greece’s talent and friendly environment by establishing IT Operations divisions and corporate branches in order to maximize their investments in local corporations with a global reach.
Within this framework, the Hellenic Association of Mobile Applications Companies (HAMAC/ΣEKEE) together with the Technopolis Cluster under the auspices of the Region of Central Macedonia (RCM) and the Consulate General of Greece in San Francisco, with the support of the European Institute of Innovation & Technology (ΕΙΤ), and the cooperation of the Association of IT Companies of Northern Greece (SEPVE) and Athens Technology Center (ATC), would like to invite you to a Greek Innovation Technology event to explore an attractive investment destination with the most dynamically fast growing tech scene across the pond.
- Lieutenant governor of California – Eleni Kounalakis (tbc)
- Governor of Central Macedonia – Apostolos Tzitzikostas
- Greek trade office SF – Daphne Vitsikounaki
- European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT) – Eric Thelen
Keynote “The Greek talent experience”
- Jon Vlachogiannis (Agent Risk)
Short Presentations on three themes: “Outsourcing” – “Expansion” – “Outbound Innovation”
- Nokia – video for Nokia success story by Sakis Exarhos
- Technopolis Cluster – Tasos Tzikas
- Association of IT Companies of Northern Greece (SEPVE) – Kostis Kaggelidis
- Hellenic Association of Mobile Application Companies (HAMAC) – Pantelis Angelidis
- Aristotle – Marios Anapliotis
- Athens Technology Center (ATC) – Yannis Kliafas
(Sunday) 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
360 Lab San Francisco
Brannan Street 274 94107 San Francisco